Our client, a hospital licensed with the Ministry of Health and fully accredited (CAAASF) surgical unit with over 60 years of service in the community has a requirement for experienced Registered Nurses and Registered Practical Nurses. There are currently permanent full time and part time casual opportunities available in the operating room.
Our nurses provide excellent patient care in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of providers collaborating on assessment, education, prevention and restoration of patient heath. Experience in the operating for scrubbing, circulating, in the OR is required. Specialties include Orthopaedics, Plastics, Bariatrics, Ophthalmology (cataracts), ENT, Urology and others as required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes pay I lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
- Registered Nurse with current Certification of Registration from the College of
- Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- OR certification from an accredited college program acquired within the last year
- Certificate required
- Current BCLS required
- 2-4 years recent experience in an Acute Care Surgical Suite / Ambulatory environment including assistance with scrubbing, circulating or providing retraction/abdominal thrust, ambulatory services as well as endoscopy, urology and minor surgery
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the surgical / ambulatory unit in order to maintain patient flow
- Demonstrated knowledge of surgical and ambulatory procedures and the continuum of care for the surgical patient
- Demonstrated ability to set up and care for minor surgery procedures and anticipate patient and physicians needs
- Commitment to ongoing education and collaboration with highly skilled interdisciplinary teams focused on meeting the unique needs of the surgical patient
- Ability to work in a moderately physical environment requiring lifting, walking, standing, bending, pushing and pulling of equipment and stretchers
- Demonstrated ability to implement plan of care including independent and interdependent nursing needs
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:
Alex Warne, President
Alex Warne & Associates
Phone: +1 (905) 570-7456