Our client, a rehabilitation & disability management provider, requires registered and experienced Psychologists and Psychology Associates to provide services in their pilot Mental Health Program for First Responders.
The psychologist will play an integral role as part of an interprofessional team that includes Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Registered Psychotherapists and Kinesiologists. You will perform assessments to identify mental health impairment and support evidence-based interventions for the clients’ return to work and life. Become a part of a leading evidence-based and trauma-focused specialty program. Grow your skills in a supportive learning environment. The psychology associates will be supported by the psychologists.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Full medical benefits, paid vacation and participation in a pension plan is available. Full-time employment is preferred; however, part-time and contractor models will be considered.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID.
- Registration and a member in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, membership in the OPA or CPA preferred
- Master’s degree for psychology associates and Ph.D. degree for psychologists is required
- Experience working with individuals living with mental health and/or concurrent disorders
- Extensive training and experience providing evidence-based treatment, including CBT and DBT, working knowledge of evidence-based trauma treatments
- Individual and group therapy skills are essential
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other team members is required along with proven report writing
- Hospital-based mental health and third-party experience will be considered assets
- Demonstrated commitment to hospital-based patient and family-centred care
- Experience in completing comprehensive assessments and formulation of treatment planning
- Demonstrated initiative in problem-solving, proactive task management, flexibility, and adaptability
- Demonstrated clinical reasoning, organization, and documentation skills
- Commitment to organizations vision, goals, and strategic plan
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of principles that govern health & safety
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: